8 Things Successful CEOs Do Every Morning
As you know running any size business is hard work. Your long hours can easily drain you of both productivity and creativity. Countless books and articles have been written about how to be the best business leader and CEO you can be. While this advice is good, you won’t be as successful as you can be without starting the day off right. Many of the most successful people start their days early and they don’t fill those early morning hours with work. For successful leaders, the early bird doesn’t necessarily get the worm. Here are the top 8 things that successful CEOs do every morning that not only makes them more productive, but also reduces burnout and stress.
- Exercising improves one’s mood and brain functioning. CEOs who regularly exercise in the morning are able to think more clearly afterwards, whereby making better decisions. It is also shown that people who regularly exercise are happier. Exercising in the morning is the best way to stick to a consistent workout routine. After all, how many times have you been determined to go to the gym after work only to find out that you have a surprise deadline to make and must work late?
- Eat a healthy, substantial breakfast. While many of us rush out the door with a travel mug of coffee and maybe a breakfast bar, successful CEOs make time to make a full, nutritious breakfast. Breakfast has been studied as being the most important meal of the day. Eating a good breakfast boosts your energy and stimulates your brain, allowing you to think clearly and to focus.
- Set a schedule. Instead of walking into the office and finding out what tasks need to be done, successful CEOs have their day already planned out and organized. Part of their planning is prioritizing tasks such as optimizing their website and checking emails. Successful CEOs tackle the most difficult and dreaded tasks first instead of putting them off. By having a plan, they can better focus on their work, get started on their tasks faster and get more done.
- Make realistic, daily goals. Successful CEOs are driven to get things accomplished. That is how they are successful. Setting goals allows you to be focused and motivated.
- Successful CEOs use the early mornings to intentionally spend time with their family, even if it is a 10 or 15-minute chat over breakfast before heading out the door. Spending just a few minutes chatting with loved ones will boost your mood and allow you to better tackle the work day.
- Practice mindfulness. Successful CEOs make it a point to set aside time for themselves to think and reflect. The quiet morning hours are the best time to do this. There are less distractions and they are more likely to be alert and energized than if they did their quiet time in the evening after long hours at the office.
- Catch up on the news. In their early morning hours, successful CEOs read up on current events, especially news and trending topics in their respected industry.
- Write down what they’re grateful for. Reflecting on what things and people they’re grateful for helps successful CEOs gain a healthy perspective on themselves and others and it leads them to inspiration.
It’s never too late to begin becoming the successful CEO you desire to be. Starting the day off right by making the most of the early morning hours is key to you becoming the best leader you can be. All the other success-building habits will be more effective if you start in the morning.
Just as a successful CEO is important to his or her business, a solid domain is important to a company website. One of the goals and priority CEOs have involves establishing a solid website. At Domain Market, you can choose from a variety of brandable and premium domain names for your website. Feel free to contact us today with any questions you may have about domain names and how they can make your website successful.